- UNGAR181 is just a request to the Security Council to implement its recommendations.
- There was an alternative and much more sensible proposal for a binational state under consideration at the time.
- The plan allocated some 55% of the land area to the Jewish state, even though only about 30% of the total population was Jewish.
- About 45% of the population of the Jewish state would have been non Jews.
- Of the 57 countries then comprising The International Community™, 33 voted in favour and 13 against, while 10 abstained and one was absent.
- The indigenous Palestinian population were never even consulted about how they felt about giving part of their land to European colonists.
- The plan was never implemented.
Cutting through the bullshit.
Wednesday, 28 November 2012
Friday, 23 November 2012
Posted by Ernie Halfdram at 13:22
- Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of individuals.
- All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
- Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.
- Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
- Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding to enter into effect.
- Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
- Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.
Posted by Ernie Halfdram at 12:37
Posted by Ernie Halfdram at 11:31
Saturday, 17 November 2012
Posted by Ernie Halfdram at 11:16